Thursday, October 27, 2005

The dinner party went great! I made this yummy pear chocolate clafoutis for dessert. Since I didn't have the time or money to go looking for pear eau de vie I just used rum and I used Scharffen Berger 60% dark chocolate (because they've had it at Trader Joe!). I would like to make again using raspberries and maybe some syrupy red wine. On the flip side Thaddy said he wanted more pears so it's a matter of taste.
The other internet recipe I made was this red cabbage from Orangette. You should read this chick's site, I have made about 80% of the recipes, well maybe less, but a lot at this point. I really liked the cabbage and will definitely make again and include maybe some allspice? I remember the cabbage in germany being even warmer and spicier.
We are now proud dinner party veterans and ready to entertain again.

No comments: