Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I am getting very excited about the fall plant sales and my fall gardening plans. I am planning on buying a few things at 40% off from Park's recent email flyer and a bunch of stuff at Mountain Valley Growers' mysterious Labor Day sale. I have been haunting Mountain Valley's site for a couple of months now to learn everything they know about herbs, and they are local to my area so I feel like I can trust what they have to say about the plants to be true for my climate. In addition I need at least one fabulous climing rose for the front of the house and I've settled on Reve d'Or. I had wanted to get this from Michael's Premier Roses which is actually in Sacramento, but they don't have that one so I am planning to try The Antique Rose Emporium. I purchased a few plants earlier this year from Park with excellent results but haven't tried any of the others. If anyone in my vast readership has any experience with any of these companies let me know.

No comments: