Thursday, December 07, 2006

November 11 2006 055

This is an in progress picture of a quilt that I finished, that's right: FINISHED for Christmas! Whoopee! I really like how this one turned out. I've never done anything like this long stripey random pattern before. The theme of this quilt was dictated by it's recipient-to-be and she chose floral batiks. I really like the way the colors seem to bleed together for the most part and the black batik with it's larger scale really stands out. I'm pretty sure I lifted this basic strip idea from seeing pictures around of Amy Butler's designs but it's simple enough that I don't think I'm exactly plagiarizing. I hope Charr loves it as much as I do, there's always the temptation to tell the person that if they don't like it they can give it back, but I don't think that's really in the Spirit of the holiday.

No comments: