Thursday, November 09, 2006

October 30 2006 022

This is my first attempt at shrinky dinks since I've been allowed to use the oven without adult supervision. I'm the adult now! Anyway, you can see my skills have not improved in the years I've had to subconsciously mold my craft. I got two types of film to try out, black and clear. The black seemed like it would lend itself to interesting shapes since a drawn design would not stand out very much. My shapes are not interesting so far and the stars really want to curl up and not lay down even though I tried the tip they give you to put a piece of parchment on top while baking. I like the little rectangles with words on them the best so far. All of these are meant to be little earrings maybe with tiny crystals hanging from the bottom. They are a blatant rip off of the basic construction shrunkencathead uses, though nowhere near as nice. Today I will try to print words onto the clear sheet with an inkjet and see how that turns out.

No comments: