Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Annie's Annual Catalogue is incredible! I must admit that I had given up on Annie's, it seemed too esoteric for me (which is saying a lot! hello, rebel without a cause, I love esoteric!). Looking at the website, I couldn't figure out what plants would really look like and they all seemed so exotic but not in a good way. I didn't think they would work where I live and it gets so hot in the summer, unlike temperate Richmond in the San Francisco Bay Area. Now the catalogue has changed everything. There's a whole page devoted to plants that like hot weather. There's a few page spread on cottage gardening and each blurb explains exactly what is better about each plant than something else you might use. The catalogue is free and I highly recommend it if you garden in California or closeby.

No comments: