Monday, May 23, 2005

I got a chance to visit the Tomato Man this weekend. Since I grew my own tomato plants from seeds this year, and I feel like five varieties is probably plenty, I did not get any tomato plants. But I did pick up a few pepper plants so I can try to make salsa this summer if my plants produce at all. I got three different kinds so we can do taste tests to see what we like: Jalapeno, Habanero, and Garden Salsa. (I don't know how to do the little dealy bop on top of the N's) Also got a sweet pepper, Blushing Beauty, for grilling or whatever. I love this page on the tomato man's site with growing tips for our hot summer climate. I think it will be fun to further mortify the neighborhood by mulching my front yard tomato plants with straw. Also really liked to hear that I don't have to take the suckers off the plants, I hate doing that and don't really see the point.

No comments: