Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Apartment Therapy for the homeowner/hippy/farmer

Apartment Therapy for the homeowner/hippy/farmer

I've been reading this blog for a few weeks or maybe a month now.
While it is written to a NYC audience, I am finding that a lot of the
themes speak to me practically directly. I am interested in home as an
extension of self, a place where you can be calmed and thrilled and
rejuvenated. I am not interested in "matching" or doing anything the
subscribed way. The place where I live should be harmonious with the
earth and art should be a focus. Now I am struggling with killing my
lawn (the old fashioned way via hot Sacramento sun and no water). I
feel horrible that the neighbors must think I am a blight on their
neighborhood, but I don't believe in water sucking lawns in this climate
or in maintaining them for show.

alright I'm done with my meandering rant, go look at:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/index.html