Friday, September 05, 2003



Well here it is, and I'm sure you can see why it needs to be called tuttu and not some dry acronym. It's my first ever finished knit garment. Needs blocking but I wanted to wear it.

And here's a quickie of Simon in the car with some bastard material that I need right away but that refuses to darken up even after two times in the dye vat.


I made a hard decision today. I need time to figure out this whole dye game but I need this fabric for my friend's wedding quilt. The wedding's on September 20th. Right now it's in the tub with RIT! This action is basically against my religion but that's what I'm doing. It's like 22 yards so replacement is not exactly in the budget.

I just checked on it, and it's not that dark still. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm contemplating violence.

No comments: