Thursday, November 13, 2003

While we wait out the cable search I'd like to share my shopping experience from last night. I deci

While we wait out the cable search I'd like to share my shopping
experience from last night. I decided I needed some new clothes for
fall so I went to the mall to regular stores (I hardly ever do this but
about once a year I really need new clothes that aren't from the thrift
store or somehow created by me). I had no trouble finding shirts in the
regular sizes: S, M, L, XL. But the only pants on display, indeed the
only pants in two stores were size 2. In one store there was an extreme
preponderance of size 00, whatever that may be. I must say I find it
hard to believe that I'm the largest person who needs pants at a size 8.
I realize there are specific stores that cater to larger women (the
divas) but I did not realize that I should start going there. And who
are these women who wear size XL shirts and size 00 pants?

No comments: